After sending Ashley off to Benson for about two weeks, it dawned on me that Cortney is entering her senior year and then she will be off into the real world and I will be left home as she embarks on a new journey without me. What am I going to do? (yeah, I know, I AM talking about me again, but this is my blog, after all.)
I can't make her eat per peas (which I never did because I think they are discusting) or make sure her chores are done. I can't ground her from the television until her homework is done and put away (which I never did anyway because she always had it done). I can't make her babysit when I put myself in an hour long time out in the closet (while I read, of course).
My nest will be empty.
Unless she goes to ASU or MCC.
Then she can live here but I still don't think I can make her eat her peas.
But I think I will try just once.
Then again, they are pretty discusting.
Never mind.
-
And I really missed Ashley and I am glad she is home. But she is headed back to Benson to babysit for a week starting on July 4th while Debbie goes to Girls Camp. I don't mind because I love small town fouth of July celebrations.
-
1 comment:
I love love love peas. Not the canned ones. Gross! but frozen peas with salt and pepper and butter, yummy! My whole family loves them.
As for kids not living at home anymore. It sure makes life less interesting. I miss my kids. I'll have your peas though.
Post a Comment