Arizona Night Writers Association had their annual writers convention and my good friend Debi Farr and I went. I have dabbled a bit in writing and Debi is working on her first novel so we figured it would be fun. It was! They had so many different authors and great ideas. It was held at this little school off of Pecos and Greenfield for all those Phoenicians (For everyone else, it was close to the middle of the desert. But they had horses and sheep and chickens. And the horse was so nice and the sheep were fighting over who was in charge, both looked pretty silly, just like humans. Oh, dear. I really need to get back on topic!)
The keynote speaker was the great great granddaughter on Joseph and Emma Smith who had two novels written about them. She wanted people to know how wonderful Emma was and felt it was her place to tell the story. She told of having 'help' or divine inspiration in writing this book. This topic would definitely bring divine inspiration.
My favorite part was meeting 'up and coming' authors as well as those who have succeeded in the field. They are so nice and willing to help out in any way.
And I got to spend the day with Debi, who is so much fun to be with! We definitely need to do that more often!
The overall message was not to give up no matter what and have fun while you are doing it! Kind of funny because I think that should be said of other things as well. My sister-in-law loves to sew and she is good at it. My friend loves to dance and is good at it. Throw those bushels away and let those talents shine through!!
New Author Sara Eden. Very nice and a fellow redhead! It takes place in England in the 1800s. A Whitney award finalist and the next book on my reading list!
Janette Rallison is one of my favorite authors. She is best known for her young adult fiction and, since I feel 17 most of the time, I think I qualify as being her target audience. She is witty, fun and a great storyteller. This book is one I do not have but I am definitely purchasing!!!
This is my favorite book so far. It is laugh out loud funny and has great beauty tips!!! The character is ditsy with a heart of gold who is put in a world she knows nothing about and still comes off being endearing. I can definitely relate! Kerry Blair is awesome!
I love to read, I just wish I had more time to do it!!!
2 comments:
I'm glad that you had fun. You gave us three good choices of books to read. I'll just go to mom's a check out a few books. lol
I'm so glad you came and had a good time, Lisa. You're always welcome.
FYI, we quit being Arizona Night Writers a long time ago, when we started getting members from other states. Now we're American Night Writers Association. Lucky for us we didn't have to change the acronym. =)
Marsha Ward
ANWA Founder
Writer in the Pines
Post a Comment