Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentines

Valentines day is so much fun! The kids hurry to the store to find the perfect valentines for their classes and end up settling for something they kind of like but not really (I love how children think. Anything but the direct approach, and of course I mean the school aged ones. The little ones tell like it is, which is embarassing or not very nice at all. I can't decide which is better). They could get together on this and one buy a box for the girls and another buy a box for the boys but that is logical thinking and, therefore, not allowed. And then there is the begging for candy to go along with the valentines. It is enough to drive a mother to ... well, sugar shock after popping down the chocolate to avoid the stress of it all. I think we need to make a holiday where nothing is given, no one dresses up, and everyone just celebrates without all the hassle. (oh, yeah. My kids call that Mother's Day)

But then, out of the blue, I get a little valentine that is not folded very well, the princess face is colored pink and you can barely see it, the corner is smeared with peanut butter from lunch, and a little heart sticker stuck on the back where the name is supposed to go and I realize how lucky I am to get such a treasure. Somebody loves me. And that is better than anything else. So I take my special valentine and nothing could make the day any better. Well, maybe a dozen roses, but I really need to stop dreaming.
Happy Valentines Day

2 comments:

Chyrisse Ballard said...

A lot of that sounds familiar and what a sweet Valentine! Miss you!

Carolyn said...

The Mother's Day reference made me laugh out loud! THanks inadvance for helping with the slideshow by the way--let me know if I can do anything.