Okay, very wierd week. Let's start with my phone. You know, the little red one that automatically becomes my daughters the second she comes to the car after school. Well, I kept it all week! I know, I am still in shock! In fact, it sat in my pocket all week. I could call anyone at anytime. I almost felt like it was really my phone. But then I heard those words, 'missionary week ends on Monday mom. I can't wait to text my friends again.' Oh, no. The dream of having my own phone is coming to an end. This missionary week should happen more often.
My darling daughters gave up television, the phone, certain music, and kept boys at arms length (Ashley almost accomplished that one. But then again, don't they say something about almost only works in horse shoes?) They read books, scriptures, and packed. Very proud of them because I do not think I could have done so good.
We have finished up Primary softball, which was great! Kudos to Sis. Millett for being so Awesome! Ashley's concert, the Price of Freedom was beautiful, and yes Deb, I cried like a baby. And the incident with playdough up my neice's ear played out nicely with no harm done except for the poor playdough. I even let my computer live even though it destroyed my file I needed for church. And the Franklin Flyer, the school newsletter, turned out pretty good with no guidence from the Principal. Yep, it was a pretty good week.
We met with the contractors on Wednesday and everything is ready to go. We have picked out the cabinets for the kitchen and bathroom but we still need to pick out faucets. Did you know there are so many to choose from? And we have to have the choice made by today because they start demolition on Monday. Yes, on Monday, the inside of my house will almost look like a war zone ( a real one, not a Sunday afternoon kids can't play outside, against their religion to pick up socks off the front room floor can't clean one dish kind of war zone).
The contractor is hoping to have the whole thing finished in three weeks. I'm so for that because my cousin Mr. Smartiepants and his lovely family are coming to bask in the Arizona sunshine during spring break. Very excited about that. Better stock up on suntan lotion. But then, that might jinx it and it will rain all week. Scratch that.
I would love to show pictures but we are still waiting to hear back from the insurance about replacement on my camera. I would draw you a picture but then you might never read this again for fear I would draw another one. Just imagine 'smilin Joe' with a hammer and that twinkle in his eye ... I am sure you get the idea. (oh, now I really do wish I had a camera. Dang!)
1 comment:
Have I mentioned that I love reading your blogs? You are such a hoot! oh, these word verifications are funny too. Spodol! Zwedeel!
Post a Comment