Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Pioneer Trek is here!!!


The morning has come and I have sent my girls off to the mountains to trek for three days amongst the buffalo, the Indians, and the cow pies needed to build fires to honor those Pioneers of so long ago. They will experience the cold, harsh weather as their constant companion in nothing but dresses, bonnets, and worn shoes to keep them warm.... okay, so maybe it isn't that bad. After all, look at the truck going with them.

Ashley with her friends... who don't like cameras.

Not to mention there has not been a buffalo in these parts... ever. This being Arizona, it does get cold but not to where water will freeze. But the best part is Sister Rainwater is in charge of the food. No one will starve, I can guarantee that. (and I would bet my bottom dollar Sis. H2O does not use cow pies for the fuel so all the girls are safe from that tradition.) And the Indians they come across will be nice and some will probably try and sell their goods. And as far as rough ground, I bet a dirt road will be the worst of it. Yep, those pioneers would be pretty envious of the circumstances facing our youth today. Kind of makes me wish the Beehives could have gone too... kind of. But don't worry, we are doing Baptisms for the Dead tomorrow night. I know what I am doing now, or at least I have a good idea. I think we will walk around the Temple afterwards and maybe get some ice cream. Choices, I don't handle them very well.
.
Bro. Heywood and Bishop and Sis. Whiting preparing for and very excited about the trek. Wish I was going too.


Cortney with Sis. Millett, one of the Ma's from our Ward, and Monique Medina and her mom. Love the Medinas!!!

Saturday is not that far away but I miss my girls already. thank goodness I still have two at home (and lets not forget the boys). We are going to make pink cupcakes today (myself and the four year old boss who lives with us). Not white or chocolate, pink. Wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I've said it before and I will say it again--you crack me up Lisa! You were totally right about the food too--I knew the same thing when I found out it was Connie! We had a great time though and wish you were there as well!