Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year's News

It is official so I can share my exciting/dreadful news. Because we are dirt poor and almost near poverty level, we qualify for the City of Mesa's HUD rehabilitation program. ( Yeah, say that fast four times!) What? You ask. Well, this means that the city of Mesa is going to come into my home and make sure it is up to code. So that means they are going to remodel my house. (Shouts of joy!) For instance, the only thing that will remain in my kitchen is my stove, and that is because it was replaced two years ago, which means everything goes! (Thank goodness, because I don't know how long that poor hinge could hold up the door under the sink. I've already lost the ones above the stove.) It is basically two home improvement loans for $25,000. The first loan will fall off after ten years and the other will be interest free until we sell our house.
Now the dreadful news, I have to pack up ALL of our belongings. Those who know me well know I have a lot of belongings. (actually, I have been working hard this last week and have a lot packed up. Travis helps me move things, but just in case, I have my chiropractor on speed dial) And we have to have it packed up for longer than three months. That's like going on vacation and living out of a bag for a VERY LONG TIME!!!
Anyway, this is my news. We are now waiting for the contractors to come and walk through so they can make a bid. (But I am stranger-phobic and will have people walking through my house and looking at it. It really is going to be a long year!) But it will be great when it is all done. I will keep telling myself that. When it is all done.... when it is all done..... when...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You need to be sure and post pictures of the progress. That should be fun to watch. Though it will be interesting to live amongst all that construction!

DebbieAnne55 said...

Oh my goodness! How crazy and yet how exciting it will be to have the remodeling done! Yes you should take pics as someone noted on the progress....
miss ya