Monday, December 1, 2008

My Cortney

Cortney at 7 months
My Cortney turned 17 on Friday. She spent the day fighting off crowds, finding amusement in others' behaviors, and spending money on Black Friday. She even had to wait and see Twilight on Saturday. So, in honor of her, I came up with these strange things about Cortney.

Ten things about Cortney:

-She was born nine months and five days after we were married, (gotta add the five days because people will and have talked)

-She was born on Thanksgiving day (yes,the meal was terrible but I really didn't care)

-I gave birth to her with her father on the floor after having fainted. Luckily one nurse and the doctor stayed with me. From then on, a baggie of snacks was packed for Trav. (OOOPS, this is about Cort.)

-She was the first Grandchild born to my family, although three others were added in 1999 who are older, making her the oldest granddaughter.

-She was named after me, or Anne of Green Gables, depending on how you spell my middle name.

-She had her first kiss when she was fourteen, by her first boyfriend. Mom and Dad made sure is was the last for awhile. Mean, I know.

-She is still working on getting her Driver's Licence. A friend's car accident scared her and she is slowly getting back into the hang of things.

-She has the most beautiful red hair I have ever seen, much prettier than mine. And no, redheads do NOT have the worst tempers, dang it!!!!!!

- She loves to read, especially out loud. Once, while riding the bus home with Travis, she read Frindle and by the time they got off, all of the passengers were disappointed and hated to see her go.

-She is going to see The Lion King at the ASU Gammage Theatre for her birthday in February. She has wanted to see it since it first came out and now she gets to go!! Yea!!!!

-One more thing, just because I can. She is a terrific student! She brought home straight A's and is already looking into colleges. Boy, oh Boy!!!

Happy Birthday Cortney!


No comments: