The kids an

d I were watching Dennis the Menace Christmas movie and I got to thinking about poor Dennis. The young tyke is not trying to cause trouble, he is just trying to help and his brand of help happens to be very disastrous. But, honestly, I can so understand Mr. Wilson's perspective, too.
Dennis is cute, creative but
destruction and chaos follow little Dennis no matter the situation. I say this because I live with a little Dennis myself... sort of.
My little Dennis doesn't mean any harm when he
empties a b

ox of fish crackers into the fish tank. He doesn't want the little goldfish to get lonely. He didn't mean to ruin the trampoline when he cut a seam completely across the middle with a carpet knife, he was just looking for an easier way to get on. He didn't mean to break my clothes dryer when he emptied the whole box of laundry detergent down the lint trap. He was trying to
help me with laundry. (I think...I hope) He didn't mean to spill brown paint all over the living room carpet, he was trying to help me paint. Yes, poor Dennis is misunderstood, but bless Mr. Wilson for putting up with it. And please bless me to be patient until my Dennis grows out of it. A new year approaches and who knows what kind of chaos lies ahead !?!
2 comments:
Joey is so cute!
"oh mr. wiiillllsssoooonnn" do you ever feel the same when you hear "MMMOOOOMMM!!!"
You think, oh no.. what now?
or even worse then that is the dreaded fear of hearing.......nothing!
the worst things are always happening when you hear complete silence. LOL
May the Lord grant all us mommy's patience!
Post a Comment