There is nothing better than getting a phone call from a friend you haven't spoken to in a long time. Even though so much has changed, so much is still the same. The genuine concern and love never goes away. I think that is what I am most grateful for. I know I get so busy in my own life and in my family that I don't pay attention to time. And as time goes, friendship is one thing that remains intact. And you don't have to see each other all the time in order to remain friends. I learned that twenty years ago and it is no nice to be reminded every now and again. So, for those friends who I do not keep in touch with as often as I should, thank you for touching my life. Your imprint will never go away, nor will it ever fade.
Wheww. Mushy stuff over.
Big weekend coming up.
Today Ashley is going to the Arizona State Fair. She leaves at 9:45 AM and will come back at 6:30 PM. They have to perform around 3:30 PM, which gives them a couple of hours to enjoy the rides. I gotta laugh though because Mr. Quamo, the band teacher, warned them if they could not perform because of anything they did at the fair, they would loose a letter grade. I guess maybe those fast spinney rides are not a great idea right after they eat lunch. (Those fast spinney rides are never a good idea at all, in my opinion.)
Homecoming weekend is also upon us. Today is the game, the carnival, and the parade. (I'm always a sucker for a good parade. Even a not so good parade.) And cotton candy. Don't even get me started on that fluffy, heavenly, sticky stuff that for some reason always gets in my hair when I eat it. You figured I'd learn. I was never a good student.
And Cortney is going to the Homecoming Dance! Yes, she is going with her friend, Roy. This is her first formal and I'm so excited for her. (Yes, there goes yet another gray hair.) She borrowed a dress so I didn't have to worry and it is always best to go with a friend, or a really good crush. And no boyfriends. I have seen too many bad things come from having one of those.
Do you realize Halloween is one week away? Oh, I am so not ready. I do not even have one costume finished. The stress is already mounting. Travis says that I work better under stress. Personally, I think he likes to see me run around like a chicken with it's head cut off. He finds it amusing. Glad to know I amuse someone.
No comments:
Post a Comment