Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Pioneer Trek


We weren't sure it was going to ever happen because it was cancelled earlier this year, but it is now set for Jan 1st thru Jan 3rd. My girls are so excited. I am excited for them. I was lucky enough to go as a teen when I lived in Utah with the BYU Young Ambassadors and I really enjoyed it.

Now we get to finish our skirts and aprons. The girls love that part, especially the sewing. They really appreciate it when I am there to help (you know, to blame me if something goes wrong). And we are going to decorate straw hats on Wednesday. I can't wait to see what kind of creations they will come up with (and, yes, I will be there too to take the blame if that does awry)

And how are we going to prepare for this? Well, our wonderful Stake Leaders came up with STOMP. (Smart Tekking Over Mesa Pavement) The kids have to walk a mile a day to prepare themselves for the trek. And, well, I am doing it too. No, I am not going, I just need the exercise and what a great way to bond with my girls.

We also have to rid our lives of electronic devices for three days. (For me, this is so not going to happen. I need my cell phone. I am lost without it, or lost without those who keep me chuckling at myself.) Ashley will go through withdrawals too considering after 5pm, she thinks my phone becomes her property. And Cortney would be lost without her MP3 player. I can't wait to see them accomplish this. (devilish laugh here)

And the worst part is, brace yourselves, they have to learn to square dance! Even with boys! Dang!!! And the worst part is since I am in charge of the Beehives, I will miss this wonderful event. Who is going to giggle at my girls? Who is going to tease them endlessly? Double Dang!!! I need to find a good spy to take pictures.

Yes, this is going to be fun preparing for the Pioneer Trek. And why is it in JANUARY, you ask? Cuz we live in the great Valley of the Sun where it is *70 degrees on Christmas day. I will keep you informed as the fun, I mean, preparations continue.

No comments: