Friday, September 5, 2008

High School

There's nothing quite like a dare to get you thinking about the past and High school. Here it goes, Wendy-

1. Did you date someone from your school? No, not from mine but I kinda had a thing with a guy from our rival school, Alta. (And by kinda I mean it is too strange even to describe, i.e.,Brad.)

2. What kind of car did you drive? Mostly I drove the Beast, our family's Station wagon. Although we had a blue citation, but I spent more time pushing that than actually driving it. (Good times!!!)

3. Were you a party animal? In my own geeky way, oh yes!!!

4. Were you considered a flirt? Yes, I admit it. To anyone who would flirt back.

5. Were you in band,orchestra, or choir? I was in Choir, but even better, I was a proud flag twirling member of the band. No where else can could you find a bigger group of geeks. (This is why I fit in so well). You learn so much about life in the back seat of the bus on the way to performances. And yes, I loved almost every minute of it. (In fact, I still have a flag. Don't laugh, it strengthens your arm muscles!)

6. Were you a nerd? One of the biggest!!!

7. Were you on any varsity teams? Oh, no. In fact, I would have been paid good money not to play on any teams.

8. Did you get suspended/expelled? No, but I probably should have one time or another.

9. Can you still sing the fight song? Mesa High's I am still learning to this day (Cortney thinks I need to know since I am technically Mesa High Alumn), but I do know Jordans- Jordan High so dear to our hearts. Sad the day when we'll have to part. Happy days are now passing by. Dear old Jordan High....

10. Who were your favorite teachers?- At Jordan High, I would have to say Mrs. Baxter, 4'9" teacher with upside down granny glasses who reminded me of a bird. I had her for two and 1/2 years. But she was awesome and she still sends me letters and probably would not like this comment. Love you, Ms.B.
At Mesa High, it would have to Mr. Skinner, the meanest, grumpiest science teacher in the world, who happened to be the 1st Counselor in the Stake Presidency who lived in my ward, a sweet and wonderful man.... as long as he wasn't in school. (And I got to meet the Science teacher first. ) Now, if you ask about teachers I did not like, I have plenty... including the viet nam vet who told stories that would gross you out.

11. Where did you sit during lunch? With my best friends who managed to put up with me and still loved me even though I was the slowest eater.

12. What was your school's full name? Jordan High and Mesa High

13. School Mascot? Digger Dan the Beet Man, of course!! Aaron Bell, a kid in my ward, was one of the lucky ones behind the mask.

14. If you could go back, would you? To see my friends, yes. I moved during my senior year so Jordan carries a lot of 'if onlys' and 'what ifs', opportunities I lost out on because my family had to move to another state. But as far as reliving high school, no way!!

15. What do you remember most about Graduation?
The night of Senior Prom a football player, a guy from my ward, fell asleep at the wheel and flipped his truck. His best friend, who was with him, flew out of the front window and was paralyzed neck down. On Graduation day he was brought by ambulance to the football field and received his diploma as well as a standing ovation from everyone. There was not a dry eye in the whole stadium. I will never forget it.

16. Where did you go Senior Skip day? Our Principal wouldn't allow it. Everyone missing would not walk on graduation night. I chickened out.

17. Were you in any clubs? Yes, I joined the Future Teachers of America with my friends. We really didn't do much. (Gave us a chance to hang out after school was over. We were so lame)

18. Have you gained weight? More than I ever thought I would.

19. Who was your prom date? I didn't go to prom. I was too excited to go back home for Jordan's graduation that all my money went to that, but I did go to Christmas Formal with Nathan.

20. Are you planning on going to your 20 year reunion? I missed Jordan's but I was in Utah at the time. Of course, I don't think Dixie National Forest counts. My kids want me to go to Mesa High's reunion. They know more people going than I do, but most likely not.


This was fun! Now I get to watch my girls go through this. I am already cringing!!! So glad it is over.

No comments: