Someone once asked me what was the biggest gift I had ever received. Of course, the first thing that popped into my head was my six awesome, annoying, adorable children, and my family.
But that doesn't count.
No, it had to be something tangible. Well, it would have to be my car. Yep, I got a car as a gift. It came from my cousin, David. It was a Christmas gift. He was tired of it and gave it to me. Wow, I only wish I could be as generous as that. Of course, there was one condition. I had to pick it up in Ft. Worth, Texas. (Yes! A trip with no kids!) Anything for David, of course. I had a great time. My aunt and Uncle were there, Gary and his family, and David and his wonderful family. And Barbara and her cute girls not to mention sweet Carol. I hated to come back.
Oops, sorry.
I was talking about the car. It is a small black stick shift that is a whole lot of fun to drive. Of course, I love my Chevy Astrovan and the steady pace that it goes. And it is perfect for hauling kids and stuff. But I love to drive my little car. It goes so fast and it makes me feel like a teenager again. ( Ironically, our car back then was a dumb blue citation that I spent more time pushing than actually driving. Luckily, my sense of humor was intact and often times it was a hoot. Ahh, memories)
That is my favorite present. It makes me feel young again. But I must say, my family is more important, and David fits right into that category. As much as I love my Car, David and Caroline mean so much more. So, luckily, the two kind of go hand in hand. I only wish I had something as wonderful to give to them. Maybe someday.
1 comment:
What a great gift. You should sent David a link to your blog. Maybe, you can get them to blog. Have a great day and enjoy your car. I'm sure you still think of David as you drive your car. I'm so proud of you that you made that trip home. That was awesome.
Post a Comment