Saturday, June 7, 2008

It's Saturday night, almost 10pm, and I am getting two talks ready for Primary tomorrow. The Primary Persidency decided it would be better for Parents if their children gave talks on the same day to save them from missing too much of their own meetings. All in all, it seems like a good idea. That is until the secretary calls you at 8:30 Saturday night to inform you that it is your family's turn. And me, former Primary President, who, unfortunately has a bit of an ego, needs to put a bit more work into talks than really need to be put into, is still up doing so.
Yeah, and Girls Camp is on Tuesday.
Can't sleep.
Trying to think.
Kind of working.
Then again, I forgot what I am supposed to be doing.
Oh, yeah. Talks. I can do this.
The craft for Girls Camp is ready. Except for the necklace clasps.
I need more.
And table clothes.
Oh, and glue sticks.
Wait, the talks. I have one on Testimonys for Brittany. She could do it herself but she likes it when I make them all pretty. Zach's will be on being a good neighbor.
Oh, yeah. I still need to buy fasteners for the ropes. Maybe more clay. Thank goodness Michaels is having a sale starting Monday.
Only have 75.
Need 75 more. And a new set of crimpers for the beads.
Wait, should I get candy for the girls to munch on during crafts?
Oh,no! The talks. I need to concentrate.
I can't sleep.

1 comment:

Tami said...

That's crazy having to write two talks right before Girl's Camp. Last week, I had to give my lesson and Josh had to give a talk in primary. It was a crazy week with the canoe trip and preparing the RS newsletter. I told Josh to write his own talk. I would help if he needed it, and he did a great job. I don't write cute talks like you, so his talk would have been better than mine. But two talks, that's a bit too much. I bet the talks were awesome, and so is the Girl's Camp craft. Have a great week and enjoy camp and interacting with the girls, especially your girls.