Monday, April 21, 2008

Vacation

The worst thing about vacation is the few days leading up to it. The packing, hoping you have not forgotten anything. Trying to get the house clean and keeping it that way all the while threatening kids if they dont clean up their mess, they cannot go. It reminds me of those few days between the last day of school in December leading up to Christmas eve. I hated that week but at the same time, I love it because I couldn't wait for Christmas.

This is what I'm feeling right now, not to mention my young'uns are feeling that way too. We leave for Disneyland on Thursday morning. I have not been there since 1989, when I went with some awesome friends from high school. It will be the first time our family (except Ashley, of course) has been to the Happiest Place on Earth. Kind of laughable considering how often we have beento California. The little ones are so excited that they can't sleep at night. I must admit, I'm just as excited.

But first, we have to get through the next few days. We have the Spring Sing Wednesday night, Franklin's end of the year performance. It is also the last time I will be the PTO vice president. I will get a flower and a pat on the back. I've enjoyed being on the PTO, but three years has been a long time. Who knows, perhaps I will take a few years off and do it all over again. After all, it's a great place to learn plenty of information, not to mention having a lot of fun.


2 comments:

Tami said...

HAVE FUN IN DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!

Wendy said...

You are going to have so much fun -- and probably without all the drama from your first visit! That was some good times, wasn't it? Have a safe & happy trip!