Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Missionaries

Earlier today I got my last call to take my favorite flute boy/guard guy to run some errands.
He calls me whenever he needs a ride.
I am glad he can call me if he needs something.
And we did just that.
 
And as I dropped him off at home I realized it will be at least two years until I do this again, if at all.
 
Brandon will make a great missionary and I will miss him!
He leaves tomorrow morning.
His farewell was last Sunday and he did such a great job!
And, silly me, I cried like a baby.
I am not sure why.
Maybe because pretty soon it will be Ashley who is leaving.
 
She has had some problems with her mission call. She needed to do a pre mission evaluation.
That involved filling out paperwork.
And then we waited, hoping that was all we needed to do.
And then a few weeks ago she got a call from Salt Lake. They wanted her to meet with a counselor. She did that yesterday.
It went pretty well. Now the paper work goes to the Stake President and then to Salt Lake. And then we wait again.
Ashley will work on her patience.
I think we all will.
But as I have been saying and hearing is that Heavenly Father is in control. And he knows what he is doing so we need to have faith in Him.
Still need to work on that but I know Ashley will do what she needs and all will turn out as it should.
 

No comments: