We got 2nd place again! Can you believe it? And by less than one point again! It was funny because I was sitting next to this little girl and her mom and we talked for a little bit. It is always easier to talk to the little kids. Anyway, they were with the school the came in 1st! And I had to be careful because there were some alumni behind me who were calling foul and I had to reign them in a couple of times just in case. But it was a great competition! Everyone did such a great job! And I Held my breath at the moment when Brittany did her solo and jumped into Chase's arms! It was so cool! I must definitely get pictures and a video of that!
All in all, it was a great competition! But ASU usually is!
I have managed to pull the muscle in the bottom of my foot so no matter how I step it hurts! Vickie Lenkersdorfer says I probably should go see a podiatrist where they will give me an expensive insert and things will be better by Christmas. Not crazy about both of those ideas!
I stayed back while the kids went to change and I had a few moms stay with me. And as I watched the other band kids come in I realized our kids are so well behaved! In fact, I think they are probably better behaved than I am. I was tired and when I get tired I get giggly and we could not stop laughing! By the time the kids came in, we were in rare form and had to really be on our best behavior! Mr Brooks was watching us (and mooching food off the band, as usual!) It's a good thing he can't discipline us! And then the Bishop came and sat by us! (But Bishop has known me for 25 years so I am pretty sure he was not surprised at all!) It was a great night and I had a lot of fun with a bunch of moms (and Manny) who are really just as immature inside as I am!
And now we have a whole year till our next ASU band day!
1 comment:
Last ASU Band Day, we were giggling outside the buses trying on shakos. I almost wished that I stayed - almost!!
Post a Comment