A few weeks back the sister missionaries called and asked if our family wanted to go to the temple with an investigating family. I have never done that so I thought it would be a good opportunity. Ashley has gone on splits with the missionaries and she knew the family. It was the same night as Euporia so I made arrangements to see the show the day earlier. Britt was okay with that, thank goodness.
Travis met us there and we walked around the temple and then went in to see the family presentation. It has always been a favorite of mine and it is so weird to see the new ending knowing the young lady is around the same age as my older girls. When we finished the presentation ( I spent a lot of the time chasing lil Abbey but I really didn't mind) one sister asked me to bear my testimony.
Wow! I shared how grateful I was that families are forever and that no matter what happens here in this life we will be together forever! I have held on to that knowledge since I was 12 and my testimony continues to grow especially as my family grows older. It was a great experience and I am glad we had it.
Well, this past week we have been preparing for their wedding! The sister missionaries asked Ashley to decorate for the reception. We used a lot of Cortney's stuff and Sis. Moody is so awesome and filled in where we did not. I even got to prepare some flowers and little flower girl baskets. It was a lot of fun!
Robert and Lisa Miner were married Saturday afternoon and if everything goes as planned they will be baptized next Weekend and then a few weeks later Robert can baptize his sons! It is great to watch the missionaries in action. And for some reason they feel they owe me! Travis says a lot of people wouldn't help at all. I can't understand that.
No comments:
Post a Comment