I took my daughter to the library with me. We went straight to the computers and I typed in my library card number and password. She looked at me as if I had broken the computer.
She asked me if I had my library card number memorized.
I told her I did.
She still continued to look at me as if I had trees growing out of my ears.
Britt was so shocked that anyone would actually memorize their library card numbers.
Her card was lost four or five years ago and has no desire to get another one.
(I didn't have the heart to tell her I had the other library card memorized too)
I have failed.
My daughter hates to read!
Normally I don't like to go to the library unless I have to, but it is not what you are thinking.
I go looking for a book, can't find it, but manage to find four other ones I want to read. I take them home and then get angry at myself because I only read two of them and have to return the others unread. And somehow I convince myself I am bad because I didn't read the three books I wanted (yes, I am including the one I set out to originally find.)
So I only go when I put books on hold. It is in and out and my daughter is much happier that way.
And did I mention, guilt free?
But, bad news for her, this summer we are going every week!
But, bad news for her, this summer we are going every week!
I am going to change her mind if it kills me!
No comments:
Post a Comment