Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Mission Prep

Missions
I have seen one change someone's life.
My brother for instance.
He has done a complete *160 from the boy I grew up with.
He has that glow that missionaries have.
The Light of Christ.
I think everyone searches for that, even us lucky ones who are baptized when we turned 8.  Sometime you need to step out from behind your parents or trusted friend's shadow and allow your spirit to truly be converted to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Luckily for some it happens in your families, church or seminary. And for others the light of Christ alludes them.
 
I have been watching Ashley lately as she tries to come to terms with her life. She is so lost. What do you do when you grow up? Will she ever get married? (she keeps telling me she is going to live with me forever and never move out !That sounds like SO MUCH FUN!!!!)
So many of her friends are going on missions. She has been to so many farewells and homecomings in the last few months I don't think I could count them. And she sees the Light of Christ in these young people. She sees their enthusiasm for what they are about to do/ just finished doing and wants so bad to feel that way. She keeps turning to people/situations that don't feel the void. And as much as my heart aches to help, sometimes I can't.
 
But, this Sunday she will start Mission Prep classes. I am so excited for her! Not only does her favorite Elementary teacher teach the class, but others who she admires and respects will help her decide what lies in her future. If she chooses to go on a mission or not, at least she will be spiritually edified and will be able to see first hand why these young people radiate with the Sprit of  Christ. And who knows, by December, I could have my own missionary out in the field. And if not, her testimony will be that much stronger so she can face what lies ahead in her life, even if that means living with mommy for the rest of her life. (please say it ain't so!)
 

No comments: