Monday, January 7, 2013

Testimonies

My little ones love to bear their testimonies. And they go about it in so many different ways. Joey takes a deep breath and lets it out as fast and long as he can. I find myself taking a deep breath for him after each sentence hoping he will do the same so the Bishopric won't be peeling him off the carpet. But it never gets that bad. Not yet at least.
Mackenzie is much more slower and flowery. She thanks everyone and is grateful for everything. And then proceeds to name them one by one, until I am watching the clock praying she will stop soon so I don't have to carry her off the stand screaming again. It doesn't happen often, not since the first time I had to do it.
They still make anxious.
This Sunday, though, they escaped me and got up before I could regulate them.
(I make them go one at a time.)
They sat on the stand sandwiched between Bishop Halbert and the Priesthood helper. And then Mackenzie stole the arm rest. Joey wanted it back and pushed her arm. And then she pushed his. And then he jammed his elbow into her arm (with his angry look) All the while I am a few chairs away hoping the High Councilman won't think too badly of the two.
I finally sat behind the monsters little ones and told them to stop, growing more and more worried I would have to drag them out by their earlobes in front of the whole congregation. Luckily it was Mackenzie's turn and my problems were solved...and then she danced her way back to her seat.
 
I am so glad they want to bear their testimony, but I think I may have serious health isses before they are adults!

No comments: