Friday, January 4, 2013

more Joey adventures

Zach wanted to build a fire in the fireplace today and I finally relented and let him try. He brought in logs and kindling and found some newspapers. He got out the lighter, some matches, and even the good ole' flint and steel. They had a pretty good little fire going but it did not last long. Both boys were kneeling down with their faces in the fireplace blowing as hard as they could to get the flames to ignite the bigger log. Finally, they admitted their defeat and left it alone.
I immediately retrieved my room candles and began to burn it. That is when I noticed Joey had brought in the huge fan from his room. He propped it in front of the fireplace and turned it on full blast, blowing smoke and soot into the room. I yelled and that fan was turned off faster than Joey could think (which sometimes I really question). He thought for sure that fan would blow some life back into that poor fire. Well, it didn't. And now my little man knows better....I hope... as he helps clean the mess of ashes and soot from the sorrounding area that he, I mean, his fan made.

No comments: