It is amazing how much a person can miss when going to the temple for an evening. Now I know why I like to go in the morning, besides the fact I actually stay awake longer than usual The kids are safely tucked away in school, learning and becoming better people (and storing up everything they have to say until they see me) I miss things. I am so out of the loop!
For instance-
Brittany left for her double date.
I didn't even know she was going out!
And with who? Usually I like to meet these young men, intimidate a little, (although sometimes they intimidate me, but as long as there is some interaction going on, right?)
Apparently they went to the movies and then to dinner at Chilis.
Ashley drove.
(Yes, poor thing has no social life and has become a chauffeur.)
Then I got a call from the young man's mother.
Apparently he did not tell his mom where he was going either.
(And I was worried it was only me these things happen to.)
She lives in our stake (I even saw her at the temple) and was very nice and informed me that her son was going to ask Britt to the church youth formal dance. The very next day in fact.
Okay
Cortney is married.. Ashley is twitterpated with a missionary, and now Britt is dating.
My little world is turning inside out and I am missing it!
Cortney is married.. Ashley is twitterpated with a missionary, and now Britt is dating.
My little world is turning inside out and I am missing it!
But the temple was great! I felt the spirit the whole time I was there and got some serious visiting teaching done with my sweet teacher and friend Sally! What an awesome place to get it done. President Millett even agreed!!!
Britt shared an experience she had during seminary that day and I have been thinking about it all during the temple session and then I saw my mom's cousin working there (sort of ties in with Britt's experience) It was testimony to me that Heavenly Father is aware of everything and his love for us is beyond our own understanding.
Definitely need to do that more often.
The temple, not the dating thing.
That I can really wait a bit longer on.
...And Britt was worried no one would ask her.
...And Britt was worried no one would ask her.
No comments:
Post a Comment