Oh my gosh! Watching Mackenzie play softball is so amusing! She does not hold the bat the right way and if you try to tell her how to do it but she does not listen. And she swings as if she has all the time in the world. But she did hit the ball today (it traveled a whole foot!) And then with the help of the other girls she even made it home! I am not sure who jumped higher and squealed more, me or her! It was amazing!!!
Oh, and the day before she was so cute! after the first inning she decided she was done and went to sit with the spectators. She was very disappointed to learn that the game had just begun. After a lot of bribing, I got her to be catcher. It was so funny. She literally sat on the ground, put the mask and mitt on, and kind of hid from everything. She put her hand out and hoped for the best. The ball bounced off the mask and she tried to look around to see what was happening. A moment before Ashley, my pitcher, and I were wondering if she could even see. It seems our question was answered. Me and Ashley busted up laughing and Mackenzie continued to be clueless, holding her hand out and hoping for the best. Funny thing is I had another girl behind her catching and throwing the balls back.
After today's game I was dropped off at the church just in time for pack meeting!
And amazingly it went pretty good! I love it when I come out of those and feel like it went well.
And now all I want to do is crawl into bed because tomorrow I have to go back to school and fix a few uniforms and get water before the game and that is a busy time. And I don't think Joey's homework is done yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment