Sunday, August 5, 2012

School starts this week! Yes! Summer has been fun but I am ready to move on!

Joey has Mrs. Sims. I felt really bad for her today.
 You see, I had to substitute his primary class and I was ready to run home and get my duct tape. OOHH MY GOODNESS!
 He just talks and talks!
Should I apologize to his teacher now or wait til we get the expected visit with the Principal?
Such tough choices.
Mackenzie has Ms. Lee. I do not know her. I hope she is patient and has an imagination...
Britt has her schedule and is very excited about it. She is taking CAD in place of Drama. She says she has outgrown and is ready to try another interest. I can't wait to see what she comes up with.
And she also starts seminary again. She has missed that. I am so glad that is the case.
Zach has yet to pick up his schedule. I know, I have been slacking this week. But he is ok with it. We will start on that first thing tomorrow.
Ashley and Cortney will start school in a few weeks. We are having some financial aide issues so I am kind of glad. And Ashley's time is preoccupied right now anyway.

Ashley's best friend (which if you haven't guessed really is code for her boyfriend but I can't say that. I might get into trouble) is headed back out to finish his mission. He got very sick in the Philippines and came home late May to recuperate. What better place to do that than in the familiarity of your own home and with Mom at your side. He and Ashley have spent a lot of time together.
 He received his second mission call to  the California San Francisco/Oakland area and he leaves on Wednesday. It was nice seeing how much the Gospel has changed his perspective but he is still the same old person.  Ashley says she has been preparing herself for him returning to his mission and is not sad.  I wonder if things will be different Wednesday.


Joey is super glad because that means he will come home sooner and Joey can splat a pie in his face. (I would explain but.... lets just say it is one of Joey's odd ideas and leave it at that) I think Mackay has totally forgotten about that. Too bad Joey hasn't.

I start my job on the 13th. I cannot wait to see some of my little friends from last year. I know for sure there will be three coming back. I only work Monday thru Wednesday so I have two days off. I will have time to do stuff at school, stuff for my mom, and go back to the temple more often!


No comments: