We are struggling with keeping busy this summer already. We have wonderful time making plans and sometimes they work and sometime they bellyflop so bad it leaves a mark.
For instance-
We attempted to go to the state capitol yesterday. We took the light rail because we thought it would be fun.We got there and sat in the very back, with a lady at the right who was not very friendly. Another lady got on and sat right in front of us. She was friendly and had Joey and Kenzie talking right off. Of course those who know the duo know all you have to do is say hi to them and they will proceed to tell you their life story including my most embarrassing moments. Good thing I love them!
The lady to the right kept putting ear plugs in her ears and glaring at us. Of course, that just means keep doing what your doing (I learned that in New York). She said something very rude when she finally got off, but me and Britt just laughed. I wished we would have been louder. Not very nice, I know.
We finally got off the light rail and Mackenzie had to go to the bathroom. When we got there, the ladies inside were yelling at each other and saying inappropriate things so I hustled her out as fast as I could. Luckily, she had no clue what they were talking or yelling about. Thank goodness for innocence!
We caught another bus and then got off that one only to get lost. A while later we finally gave up and caught another bus home, only to catch a glimpse of the copper dome that covers our illustrious state capitol. I waved goodbye to it and kept right on going. The ride back to Mesa was less loud and entertaining but we made it back and the kids actually had fun! And it will be another year til I decide to do THAT again.
We have planted flowers. Joey and Kenzie did pretty good with that, except after three plants Joey was done. (scout requirement or he never would have touched it. Making mud... a whole different story) After four more plants I was ready for Kenzie to be done. Too bad she had other ideas.
The younger three have already had a mud bath in the back yard. I hate mud!
And my phone is even more illusive than it was before. But she does let me know I got a call...sometime that day. Couldn't ask for anything more...actually, I can't wait for Britt to turn 16. She gets her own! But then my phone will miss her. It will sit there waiting for a text and there will be none....Well, maybe a few from Texas.
Tomorrow after I go to the temple we are going to make silly puddy. Different colors even. Yep, I like the stuff as long as Joey keeps it out of his pocket or remembers it before it hits the laundry. And I need to remind Mackenzie that there is more colors than pink and hope she does not mix that with all the other colors.
And waffles for dinner. Another Bear requirement.Yep, I will diet next week.
And I have just discovered pinterest! And I am collecting ideas to experience on my kids... I mean finding things for them to do to stay busy.
One last story. We had mashed potatoes for dinner and Mackenzie took a spoonful and slopped it onto a blank piece of paper. She molded it and then proceeded to write a story about an eagle and an ugly duckling. Very cute but now I am not sure what to do with it. Do I throw it away and have her be upset or save it and watch it grow?
No comments:
Post a Comment