Sunday, April 1, 2012

WGAZ Guard Scholastic Regonal A Championships 2012

The WGAZ state championships were last night. Boy, what a day it was!

Our performance was 12:54 pm at the Grand Canyon University , but the girls had to be at school at 7 am.
And Ashley and I were there by 9 am so we could go with them.

The jazz band had to be on the other side of Mesa for a jazz festival so Mr. Brooks was not there with us. Intead, we got the Principal! Yep, Mr. Souder was our school representative.

And everyone was on their best behavior.

I made sure everyone had suntan lotion.
But I forgot myself... silly me.
So I came away with something too!

Our performance was awesome! The girls have worked so hard this season amongst drama (with the leaders no less), odd climate behavior, hormones, and costume delays.  And although the show was not perfect, they really showed great progress and I must admit I shed a tear or two or twelve.

After our performance, we were treated to a picnic lunch by two of our very awesome booster parents, and no it wasn't me.

And then we spent the next eight hours watching other winterguards and drumlines perform.  And spending exorbant amount of money on food since weren't allowed to bring in our own.... but we did anyway :) Thank goodness they didn't check Britt's cookie monster backpack....then again, maybe that is why they didn't. haha

We were so bored we even named our emergency bags...Big Bubba, the band bag and baby bubba the band bag...  Big bubba was with the jazz band kids last night. You know how dangerous they have it.  They could get a bloody lip or be trampled by wild saxaphone players. And we got baby bubba, who luckily had bandages and personal stuff that got us through the day).


Yep, that is how bored we got. And by 9:45 pm we got slap happy. and this is what Brittany did to entertain both her and me.

I had to sit next to her and I could barely stand from laughing so hard!


We got 2nd place in our division! WE are on a roll!

And our day ended at 12 :45 am the next day. I think Mr. Souder, our Principal, will think again when volunteering to help us crazy band kids.
Then again, he did discover how diverse band programs can get.


A Drop in the Water - the Mesa High Colorguard show for 2012



My star shining on top!

No comments: