Monday, February 6, 2012

Joey and the Van

I am thinking about changing my blog title to My Adventures with Joey as he is the one who keeps this poor thing going. His adventures that have yet to do any perminent damage and are quite amusing.

And here is another one.

We were helping with Scouting for Food and I was driving Joey, Mathis (his friend), and Zach and we volunteered to do one more route because there was not enough people.

On the way back, we pulled into the church parking lot. I let the boys sit in the back of the van with the top up and their legs dangling. Yes, I know. Not the smartest thing, but we were going 5 miles an hour and we were in a neighborhood.

Zach said something about jumping out as a joke.
(Yeah, you don't joke with Joey!)
My little man wanted to beat his big brother to the punch and jumped. His legs slipped and he landed flat on his butt!

He was screaming up a storm! I figured he broke a leg or two. We jumped out (after safely coming to a stop, of course) and checked on him. His little butt was sore but everything else was fine.

So why is it I felt the need to yell at him for jumping out? And honestly if his butt was not so sore, I would have swapped it for being so stupid~!

And Zach got an ear full too! He knows his brother and the dumb things he does!

Later that day, I asked Joey why he jumped.

He told me he looked over the edge of the van and the asphalt clinched onto him and dragged him down.
Wow! Our church parking lot has a life of it's own.
Beware!

No comments: