As I sit here trying to put together the next gripping edition of the Franklin Flyer, I got thinking about last week. We, the girls and I, spent four beautiful days in the cold pines in... well... Pine, Arizona. Camp LoMIA to be specific. Dedicated in 1940, it houses lots of loud screaming girls, leaders who have lost their sanity, and hot showers that work ... if you are one of the lucky ones! Squeeky beds, spiders galore and brave outdoor-life that come to visit every now and again... if you want them to or not.(especially those that leave a scent LONG after they leave)
But be warned... Every night they, the girls, perform their ritual singing and you really want to bring some ear plugs... or cough drops just in case you decide to join in!
And every year I hope and pray they will invite me back to this strange and peculiar place: because I have the time of my life every year!
This year our theme was about the talk given by Dieter F. Uchtdorf about Happily Ever After and our quest to find it....and the positive attitude we need til we actually get there.
My goal it to find my positive attitude. I lost it along the way.
Cabin one first years were a nice treat to work with. The girls all got along and genuinely liked each other. And Sis. Grace, my co-cabin mom, was a doll! We had a great time talking and hanging with our girls. We had three wonderful YCLs who taught us well and even put up with our 'storytimes', which I think were our attempt to get out of certification. But best of all,we were well fed phyically and spiritually.
And I got a few hugs along the way from my own Beehives and my two most favorite girls,Ash and Britt!
Here are 7 of our cabin 1 girls. Birthday girl and Firestarter were busy.... elsewhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment