Monday, August 2, 2010

Road trip- part two!

We finally made to Ft. Worth at about 3 in the morning. I'm not sure but I think almost everyone was waiting up for us. We laughed, visited, and some went for a midnight swim (okay, maybe is was more like a 4 am swim, but it's almost the same thing) Everyone finally went to bed about 5:30 AM.

Jeremy surrounded by girls. I don't think he minded one bit!!!

A not so serious moment!!!

The next few days were spent visiting, being lazy, and getting to know each other again. Everyone got along so well, except maybe Mackenzie and David. He kept calling her a princess and she would not have it. Hitting was involved... not a pretty picture.  Poor, poor David.

Travis and I went to the temple with David and Caroline. Ashley and Brittany were lucky enough to be able to do baptisms with Kayla and Jeremy at the Dallas Temple.  It was so beautiful! It is much smaller than the one in Mesa, but it was beautiful and I love going to the temple so it was a real treat!  That is one thing I love about this church... the church is true no matter where you go.

We went bowling on Saturday and it was a hoot. I will get into that later.

I had a chance to visit with my other cousins and I really enjoyed that as well.  It is funny how we all grow older and become adults (GASP!) but we really don't change that much.  My cousins are still the same. And they still make me laugh and I still love to be around them. I am grateful for that!
On Monday we left for Salt Lake and the kids felt like they weren't there long enough. That, I think, is the worst part of visiting Texas. Everyone wishes they could see each other more often and that our visits were not so far away.  But thankfully the Meyers keep putting up with us and as long as that happens, we will continue to try to wear out our welcome!

No comments: