All that is left is finishing the laundry.
And packing up a few other misplaced belongings.
It's less than a week away
She will be gone.
One of the most wonderful parts of being a mother is the knowlege that these children are yours.
You get to watch as they grow up
As they learn new experiences in life
As they tumble and fall
As the get their hearts broken
And always you are there to lend a shoulder and cry along with them
and conspire with them
and share your innermost secrets
not to mention eating a whole bag of chocolates while watching whatever chick flick is available at the time
And then you have to hope that you did a good enough job raising them to become the person they were meant to be.
And praying Heavenly Father will fill in the holes where you screwed up.
And then the only thing left is to let them go
I don't like change.
I hate to say goodbye.
Even though we will talk everyday (most likely even more)
It is not the same.
Someone once told me it gets easier with each child... to let them go.
I don't think so. How can it? Cortney is a part of my heart. By the time they all go, will I have anything left?
And yes, these feelings will change and Cortney will have a great time in Logan. I have no doubt. And she will have a great life and she will always be my little girl!!!!
1 comment:
Thanks for that Mom. I love you so much. You won't loose me. I'll thinking of you, all of you, always. I am having a good time. I havn't cried since Sunday ....but then again it's only Tuesday. lol :D I love you guys.
Cort
Post a Comment