Friday, May 28, 2010

Mom update

My mom has improved so much. she still has an open wound but they have attached a wound vac which will keep the wound clean and allow it to heal from the inside out. Sounds gross and it pretty much is.  She has to carry the bag with her all the time and that can get tiresome but she looks great! We are going to 'bedazzle' it this summer so she can carry it in style!

She is almost back to her old self and there are hardly any traces of that yucky hospital now.  She still has nightmares about it, though. I wish I could do something to help her with that.

I am still spending half my day with her but I love her and I can't think of another place I need to be.

She has started physical therapy and they are hoping to get her to be able to be somewhat independant and be able to move around the house. As for everything else, she will be in a wheelchair. This is okay. They have ordered shoes for her. One of her legs in now 2 inches shorter than the other and she needs these to get around.

No comments: