What a day! We arrived at 7:30 a.m. to pass out uniforms and then we were off to Phoenix by 8 a.m. We did a few last minute shoe polishing while they practiced and then we transported the equipment to the staging area. The drumline was finished by 11 a.m. After lunch, we headed back and enjoyed the rest of the drumlines and winter guard. And, as much as I hate to admit it, I so enjoyed the drumlines more than the winter guards. I think because they were busier and funner (the winter guards picked some very slow and boring songs) My favorite was from Paige, Arizona where they combined both!
It was great except for a group of kids in back of me that would not be quiet and always seemed to be throwing things at me. Very rude! I would love to give a piece of my mind to that girl's mother!
..... Wait! Um, never mind. She has a fantabulous mother!
(And, yes, I may have misinformed you.... I was the one actually throwing things up at them. I had to find some way to entertain myself and Ashley is such a great target!)
The best part is Mesa High Drumline took 1ST PLACE in our division! Yesssss! Those kids worked so hard and they deserve this. (And my ears deserve a rest)
After getting home at 10:30 p.m., we were so pumped we had a hard time getting any rest. And it is only a year away but I am looking forward to doing it all over again, but this time Ashley WILL be one of those with the medals!
1 comment:
You are such a great mom Lisa! I only hope my kids want to hang out with me when they are that age! I'm so glad your mom is coming home. What a trial it has been for her and all of you!
Post a Comment