Thursday, May 7, 2009

Well, wallowing got me nowhere so back to the real world!

First, a Joey story.
After another gripping homework session (me gripping the table because he does not think 'moms' know how to do homework) I sent the little tyke outside to play for a bit. A little while later (about ten minutes) I went out and noticed he was taking off the wooden fence boards with a crowbar. He had two off and was going for a third. Sitting on the ground watching intently was my almost two year old niece. (She is a big fan of Joey, which worries me greatly). I'm not sure if she was watching him be 'manly' or looking at the swimming pool waiting for them on the other side of that fence.
I asked the little guy what was doing. He jumped, dropped the crowbar, and told me he was going to make a fire and needed firewood. (This is the real scary part: I am not sure if this 'fire' was going to be real or pretend.)
I immediately told this little fire starter to put the boards back up and I grabbed Niece and went inside before she learned anything else that she shouldn't. And Joey did put them up, and mom confiscated the crowbar. A few days later, we found matches in the back yard by the grill. I don't think they were left by an adult. Oh, heaven help me!!!!!!!

Miss Cortney went to prom this last weekend. She went with a bunch of friends and without a date. She said it was so much fun! She was able to talk to everyone without having to concentrate on one person. She said there was so much more freedom that way than having a date. (But seeing how she is a senior next year, I am sure it will be a different story next year)

3 comments:

by...K@ Ashcroft said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! You need to sit that boy down and have a talk. Oh better yet, take him to the fire department and have them tell him about fire danger and while your at it, the safety issues of swimming pools since that was a 2yo with him and she would have clear access to that cool refreshing water.

Tami said...

I didn't hear about this story. I'm glad you are keeping a blog and writing these stories down for him to read later on. I can just see him with a crowbar and tearing down the fence. You are such an awesome mom with a ship full of patience.

Next year, school will be ALL DAY.

Chyrisse Ballard said...

I get more and more nervous about how Jacob is going to be as he continues to get older and smarter. You are amazing! I think I would be completly gray by now. He is so stinking cute though isn't he?! My verification word is arson. How ironic!