Saturday, March 28, 2009

My new computer!

It is amazing how much life revolves around a computer.
Homework
(when it is actually done, that is)
checking mail (I really miss the process of snail mail. The anticipation of getting that small envelope. And then when it comes, racing through the house and hiding out in your room, reading and rereading the letter until you have it memorized by heart)
paying bills (which I actually prefer it than to going places. Must be the hermit crab, anti-social person in me)
shopping (which I try to avoid because it is so addictive and enough said on that subject)
and so many different things you don't realize until you don't have one.

But now I do.

And it is nice. (the best part is I don't have to watch emotion filled, unhappy faces as they walk past the old, decrepit computer dreaming of communication with their friends or checking their e-mail. I wonder if my parents thought I was a bit too obsessive as I walked back and forth past the phone when waiting for that all important phone call when I was younger. )
I love my children!!!

Oh, yes. My house. It is coming along. Very slowly and that is all I am going to say. (Call me and I will tell you how I REALLY feel!)

My computer is not 100% yet but it is getting there. Thank goodness we have these annoying things. I would be so lost without it, as would those who live in my house.

2 comments:

Chyrisse Ballard said...

I second that! Can I do that?!

Chyrisse Ballard said...

Sorry I didn't call back the other day. Kenneth frantically needed help with Anthony's Pinewood Derby car. What would our men do with out us? By the way, the poor cow I was telling you about had a very large bull whose hips were locked with hers and they had to unlock the hips and pull him out with a winch. Not your normal birth. Poor cow! She and the bull were near death when my brother-in-law finally got there. Not that you really wanted to read all that. We'll try again!