The weekend was great!!! We decided to stay in the valley and not head up to the mountains this year for Leadership training. Cortney and Brittany got to come, and poor Ashley had to stay home for the first time since she was in Young Womens. (She watched the little ones. She got the short end of the stick all the way around)
We traveled up to Saguaro Lake Ranch for our night program. It was so cool!! Our theme this year is 'Be thou an example of the believers in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity." We had a wonderful man in our ward carve the words into PCV pipes and shined a flashlight from the bottom so the words lit up in the middle of the night. The kids came one by one to the posts and the leaders talked about each example. I was really worried about Britt, who was just set apart as the 1st Counselor of Beehives, who is afraid of the dark, creepy crawly things, wet things, hairy things, things that move, things that don't move, etc, etc, etc. (In other words, she is a scardee cat!!!!) But she did great! We had a great bonfire and got to drink hot chocolate and smores. (But who cares about the marshmallows and graham crackers when there is chocolate around?)
The next day we headed to Mesquite High school seminary building for our planning. We started with a mock opening exercises where no one was prepared. I was not let in on the joke so I sat and laughed at the pure chaos that unfolded. When they started again the right way, they were interrupted by the fire alarm! What a treat! We spent the next hour outside in the parking lot playing games, hoping somehow they would find some way to turn the blasted thing off. Bishop Dixon, the Bishop from another ward in our stake, showed up and turned it off. (It helps to have a member of Rural/Metro fire department in our stake). Apparently, we had a fog machine going off in one of the rooms for a workshop and the fire alarm did not like that. Oh, well. It was a great experience and our youth handled the situation with class.
The talk went okay. I probably added way too much information about Joey, but he is such great entertainment. I know he keeps me in stitches. (hopefully, not the real ones!!!) And just when I thought I got a break in busyness, Ashley has developed a case of Shingles. Poor thing. They are little patches of Chicken pox under her arm. She gets to stay home for the rest of the week because they are contagious. She is not happy. Now, Britt, on the other hand, is jealous as anything!!! She dreams of a great non-life threatening disease that would keep her home for a week. Then again, it would probably freak her out!!!
And my girls keep harping me about when we are going to see Twilight. Oh, my goodness! So much hype over one movie. But the author lives here in Arizona, they say, and all my friends will have seen by now, another one says. Oh, well. Thank goodness there is a long weekend coming up. They will just have to wait. (And I have heard the book is so much better, as if I believed otherwise). Now, if it were Harry Potter, it would so be a different story!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment