Girls camp was great. In true girls camp fashion, we had a few mishaps. First, we must start with Sis Rainwater, or as we lovingly call her, Sis. H20. She was the leader of the YCLs. The girls adore her. In fact, you might even say they bow down to her.
No, really.
The girls were in the craft cabin for their nightly devotional and they started cheering for her. Always the one to ham it up, she jumped on top of the table to dance. She did not take into account the running ceiling fan and walked right into it. Down she went, blood squirting everywhere. Poor Cortney ran to get the nurse, crying the whole time. Poor girl started hyperventilating. Luckily, the bathroom and the infamous paper bags were close by.
Sis. Pollard, our nurse/hero, cleaned up Sis. H20 and sent her to the hospital for stitches. (oh, yeah. I forgot to mention our favorite photographer who took pictures and captured this special memory to share with the world: Dear sweet wonderful Pam Gerber. Of course, Sis H20 was the one who told her to take them. Wanted to share the event with her grandkids. Gotta love H20!)
Funny thing is last year, Sis. Millett fell on the hike and needed stitches in the back of her head. Oh, yeah. And for our ward campout is held at Camp LoMIA. The year before last, I fell head first and ended up having to go to the hospital for stitches on my forehead. Thank goodness the hospital in Payson is only 20 minutes down the mountain.
We also had one of the YCLs get dehydrated and, you guessed it, headed down for a trip to the hospital. (We are opening up our own wing.) She didn't like the water at camp. I guess she is too used to Mesa Water, soo good you can bite your teeth into it.
Other than the frequent trips to the hospital, camp was great. My favorite part was the singing trees. Each cabin goes into the "sacred grove" and sing a song in the dark. We then sat in the "chapel" where a picture of the Temple covered the back "wall". They projected a picture of Chirst onto the temple. I sat with Sis. Pollard and we both bawled like babies. We are so lucky to have a temple within a mile from here and I do not go very much. Well, that will change. Every friday morning this summer I will go.
No, really.
The girls were in the craft cabin for their nightly devotional and they started cheering for her. Always the one to ham it up, she jumped on top of the table to dance. She did not take into account the running ceiling fan and walked right into it. Down she went, blood squirting everywhere. Poor Cortney ran to get the nurse, crying the whole time. Poor girl started hyperventilating. Luckily, the bathroom and the infamous paper bags were close by.
Sis. Pollard, our nurse/hero, cleaned up Sis. H20 and sent her to the hospital for stitches. (oh, yeah. I forgot to mention our favorite photographer who took pictures and captured this special memory to share with the world: Dear sweet wonderful Pam Gerber. Of course, Sis H20 was the one who told her to take them. Wanted to share the event with her grandkids. Gotta love H20!)
Funny thing is last year, Sis. Millett fell on the hike and needed stitches in the back of her head. Oh, yeah. And for our ward campout is held at Camp LoMIA. The year before last, I fell head first and ended up having to go to the hospital for stitches on my forehead. Thank goodness the hospital in Payson is only 20 minutes down the mountain.
We also had one of the YCLs get dehydrated and, you guessed it, headed down for a trip to the hospital. (We are opening up our own wing.) She didn't like the water at camp. I guess she is too used to Mesa Water, soo good you can bite your teeth into it.
Other than the frequent trips to the hospital, camp was great. My favorite part was the singing trees. Each cabin goes into the "sacred grove" and sing a song in the dark. We then sat in the "chapel" where a picture of the Temple covered the back "wall". They projected a picture of Chirst onto the temple. I sat with Sis. Pollard and we both bawled like babies. We are so lucky to have a temple within a mile from here and I do not go very much. Well, that will change. Every friday morning this summer I will go.
No comments:
Post a Comment