Oh, I forgot to mention my Ashley. With the exhausting, depressing, and emotionally draining experience I call jury duty, I totally forgot to mention a few bright lights to this haze I'm walking in. Ashley has stepped up and is taking over the house. I come home and it is clean, even Joey is dressed (doesn't happen very much, unfortunately.) She takes care of everything, which makes things so much easier for me. I don't have to worry about what they are having for lunch, whether Joey has decided to hang from the basketball hoop like Indiana Jones, or if Mackenzie has cut her hair because it keeps getting into her eyes. No, I get a break from all of that. (Oh, how I miss it, except for the Indie stuff. But then again, it is better than him running around naked in the back yard, trying to find a plank to walk.Argggg!)

And the hugs. My children are so loving when I get home. It's like they know just what I need. I would be so lost without all of them. This experience has sacrificed so much of their plans this summer, too. (That's me, mom's
free taxi 24/7. ) And yet they don't complain . . . at least not yet. I still have two weeks to go.
And now, my birthday. I was talking to David, my cousin (I know, I know. When do I NOT talk to David) and I decided I like being 3... so much that I want to do it a little longer so I'm boycotting my birthday this year and doing it all over again. You know, get it right this time. Then next year, I will have a birthday. Sounds great, right? hopefully it works. Wish me luck!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment